While Janet Napolitano says naked body scanners and pat-downs are necessary airport security measures, voices of reason like George Donnelly and Ron Paul strongly disagree.
Affiliated with a grassroots advocacy group called We Won’t Fly that has organized a day of protest and educational outreach called National Opt Out Day that’s scheduled for Nov. 24 (the day before Thanksgiving), George Donnelly discusses ways that the flying public can defeat the TSA’s airport screening policy.
What You Can Do (from the We Won’t Fly website)
1. Stop flying.
2. OPT OUT of the scanners.
3. Protest the gropes creatively.
4. Demand the TSA use fresh gloves.
5. Educate those around you.
6. Protest to the airlines.
7. Get airports to opt out of the TSA.
8. Report your experience to EPIC.
9. File a complaint with the ACLU.
10. File an online TSA complaint.
11. Post to Facebook.
12. Ask local media to cover this story.