Melinda Pillsbury-Foster interviews Prof. Marc Ellis, who appeared on the radio show on Dec. 27, 2011 and returns to discuss his legal battle to keep his university position.
Baylor University President Ken Starr wants to stifle the voice of peace, freedom, and justice for all people that’s being espoused by Prof. Marc Ellis. In response, Dr. Ellis refuses to back away from the truth and abandon his principles that are based on the concept of Liberation Theology.
Dr. Ellis has authored and edited more than twenty books, including:
• A Year at the Catholic Worker.
• Peter Maurin: Prophet in the Twentieth Century.
• Faithfulness in an Age of Holocaust.
• Toward a Jewish Theology of Liberation.
• Beyond Innocence & Redemption: Confronting the Holocaust & Israeli Power.
• Ending Auschwitz: The Future of Jewish and Christian Life.
• Unholy Alliance: Religion and Atrocity in Our Time.
• O’Jerusalem: The Contested Future of the Jewish Covenant.
• Practicing Exile: The Religious Journey of an American Jew.
• Out of the Ashes: The Search for Jewish Identity in the Twenty-first Century.
• Reading the Torah Out Loud: A Journey of Lament and Hope.
• Judaism Does Not Equal Israel (nominated for the Louisville Grawemeyer Award).
Baylor Center for Jewish Studies
Marc Ellis, Founding Director
Rochelle Peters, the Center’s Conference Coordinator and Director of Operations
Jewish Liberation Theology
The Shalom Center
June 17, 2005
Click here to sign the petition in support of Professor Marc Ellis.